TSN End Node
The TSN End Node IP core from NetTimeLogic is a standalone Time Sensitive Networking (TSN) single port end node core according to IEEE 802.1 and IEEE 1588 standards. It supports the same features as the TSN Network Node (switched endpoint) core except network redundancy. It is meant as a TSN co-processor enabling non-TSN aware interfaces (e.g. legacy or "normal"MAC) to support TSN features like scheduling, priority queues, credit shaping, cyclic forwarding and preemption. The core is intercepting the path between the Ethernet PHY and an Ethernet core that forwards or handles Ethernet frames (MAC, PHY or Switch). In addition, it has up to 8 streaming ports which allow to send and receive frames directly from the specific priority queues and phases.
All tables, protocols and algorithms are implemented completely in HW in the core, no CPU is required, except for configuration. This allows running TSN protocols completely independent and standalone from the user application.
Can be combined with the IIC(R) Plugfest Application IP core.
Coming soon... (in beta phase)
Contact us if you want to know more about the core or release plan
- Up to 8 different priority queues, with freely definable VLAN priorities
- Up to 8 phases per cycle according to priority queues
- Cycle time and phase durations freely configurable (max 1 ms)
- Frame scheduling according to IEEE 802.1 Qbv
- Cyclic forwarding according to IEEE 802.1 Qch
- Credit based shaper according to IEEE 802.1 Qav
- Frame preemption according to IEEE 802.1 Qbu and IEEE 802.3 br can be enabled for the lowest priority to allow maximum bandwidth usage
- Registerset to configure according to IEEE 802.1 Qcc
- Synchronization with sub-microsecond accuracy according to IEEE 1588 Default-, Utility- or Power-Profile or according to IEEE 802.1 AS
- One external port, one internal/interlink port. Interlink port is optional when AXI stream interfaces are used
- Intercepts path between MAC and PHY
- Supports up to 8 AXI streaming interfaces, one for each priority/phase
- Full line speed
- AXI4 Light register set or static configuration
- MII/RMII/GMII/RGMII Interface support
- Optional frame and error counters